Sunday, November 18, 2012

Resorting to Creeping to the Max

This is actually a funny story and I hope no one gets extremely creeped out by this. As a disclaimer: I did not think this would actually work and that I would find the person I was looking for. I promise.

So, as has been said multiple times on my blog, I have many guy friends, "my boys," that are serving two year missions across the globe for our church [the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints AKA Mormons]. And, due to how slow and not super reliable the mailing systems are, there are many who I have not heard from in quite awhile. One of these I have not heard from in months had become a very close friend right before he left and I really wanted to know how he was doing and if he was even alive. So, I just decided, for the fun of it, to type his mission and his name on google. REMINDER: I DID NOT THINK THIS WOULD ACTUALLY WORK!!! Well, after looking through many blogs from people that were serving in that area with no results I clicked on a random blog from a guy who had been in the same MTC as my friend. Well, I hit ctrl+F and put this Elder's name in the search bar and I found two results. I was in shock. It was my friend! And then, as I kept scrolling to see if there was anything else, I found two pictures of him and his companions/district. I was in shock and was honestly about to cry. I could not believe it. It was quite a miracle and an answer to prayer to know he was alive and well. Now, I'm just hoping I'll finally hear from him but, until then, if that point comes, it is nice to know he is doing well. It was also an interesting thing to see how crazy technology has become. A few years ago, this would not have been possible. What a world we live in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment