Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Love to See the Temple, I'm going There Someday

Today my roommates and I attended the Brigham City Temple Dedication. The last dedication I went to was Nauvoo years ago so it is hard to remember. As we sat in the Marriott, it was amazing to see so many college students sitting quietly as if they were in the temple. As the ceremony progressed, I felt such a profound love for the apostles and the temple. It is amazing how different the feeling between a temple and the world is. The sense of love and peace compared to the feelings of the world is drastically different.

As I contemplated this morning's events, the lyrics of a primary song came to mind:

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there some day
to feel the Holy Spirit, 
to listen and to pray
For the temple is a house of God,
a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
this is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
where we are sealed together.
As a child of God I've learn this truth:
A family is Forever.

I know that through the temples families can be together forever. I know I am sealed to my family for eternity and that if I live worthy of it, I can live with them forever after this life. I do not know what would have happened to me if not for this gospel. It helps me know what to do and how to live my life. I am so grateful to this gospel and for my Savior. I am so grateful for the blessings I have been given: for a wonderful family, for a chance to further my education, for music, for friends, for great roommates, for all the modern technology I enjoy, and so much more. I know that God lives and that He loves each and every person on this earth equally. The rain falls on everyone equally and the sun shines for everyone equally. He loves everyone and asks all to "Come Follow Him." I know I want to. He is "the light and the life" and makes my burdens light and I thank Him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment