Thursday, January 15, 2015

In the eyes of a people-pleasing perfectionist

Hello again to everyone! I have returned from Ogden and have returned to college life. Before dive into life now I have a few confessions, or realizations, that I have come to about myself that I feel should be shared to maybe help someone out:
I am a...
-People Pleaser
-Perfectionist
-Slight Neat Freak
-Someone who see all my faults and tries to hide them from others

Now what does all this mean? Just like every other person, I have struggles and have to overcome them.
For me, I have come to find there are some benefits to my problems:
They are...
-People are generally happy around me
-I can see things that could potentially upset people
-I enjoy time alone because it is a time when I can find myself
-I enjoy watching people to see patterns
-I am good at learning quickly through watching

It is not easy to accept struggles, or worse, let others see them but, I now realize that all struggles can be overcome. There is a scripture found in The Book of Mormon, in Ether 12:27, which reads, 

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." 

It's a lot to take in but, basically, this scripture talks is saying that if we come unto God, He will show us our weaknesses but, if we will be humble and have faith, He will make them become strengths. I know this to be true. Those weaknesses I listed at the top are not perfect- probably never will be. However, I know that they are become better through the help of God and His son, Jesus Christ. How do I know this? Because I have seen it. The past 18 months of my life were hard but, I was able to enjoy them and see the blessings and change because of the truthfulness of this scripture. Life still is hard. I still have to battle with my own personal struggles every day but, I do know that God lives. I know He does. He loves us. All of us. And He will help us. The mission I served changed my life forever. I can never fully repay the Lord for the wonderful blessing I had to be an instrument in His hands and to wear His name every day for 18 months. A special part of my heart lies with the people of Ogden, Utah and I am so grateful to them, along with the Lord, for the impact made on my heart, and life, forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment