Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I love to see the Temple. I went inside that day.

I realized I did not post anything about this on my blog, only facebook. Well, this is about to change.

On Friday the 15th, I flew home to Chicago to go through the temple there. It was beautiful. For sacredness reasons, I won't go into details but, I will say it was wonderful to be with family and to be able to go inside a building I have longed to enter for many years. For those who do not quite understand what I am talking about, the temple is a place of great sacredness and anyone can enter if they are a baptized member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints if they have a recommend and this event does not typically happen unless a member is about to get married or go on a mission. Since I will be leaving on my mission in a few weeks, I took the opportunity to go home and go through with my parents. A temple is, as I said, a sacred place for worship. We make covenants, or two-way promises. It is a place of peace and comfort. It is where we can be sealed as families for all eternity. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had and cannot wait to continue to learn and grow.
My daddy & I outside the Chicago temple.

64 days until I report to the MTC [Missionary Training Center] for my mission!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment