Thursday, April 11, 2013

Just what I Needed

This morning I awoke quite exhausted because I stayed up late doing dishes. I was stressed and was struggling with all the stuff I had to do. The day slowly got better but, it wasn't quite right. Then, I went with a friend to the temple and, after, I was sitting outside waiting for her to finish and enjoyed the beautiful sunset. As the light slipped behind the mountains, a group of 12-14 year old young women climbed up to the front of the temple. They began to hand out cookies and quotes to those who left the temple and said, "Thank you for serving in the temple." It was so sweet to watch these young girl's faces light up as they served and watch the faces of those receiving the treats. Everyone seemed to glow and it made my heart swell to watch this. It was beautiful. Service is such a beautiful thing and youth serving others can be quite touching. Suddenly, my day was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment