Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Lessons

I have had two things on my mind a lot recently. One is kinda a nasty analogy and the other is a miracle in my eyes.

So- the first. Please just bear with me during this- Recently, I have seen a TON of road kill. Gross, I know. However, I was sitting at a red light thinking about it and had this crazy, smart thought: Road kill is like us when we give into temptation and turn our hearts to the devil. We can lose our agency and become "dead" to things spiritual and it takes a lot of work and changes to get back. It is, however, possible. (I know road kill is quite dead and will still be dead. That part does not work with this analogy. Again- bear with me). Crazy thought. I know. However, it makes sense in my head. Hopefully, I am not the only one....

Second thought- Remember my post about money a few posts ago? Well, I was really stressing out and just freaking out all the time and just not myself after all that. Well, I was counting money for tithing [10% of income we give to the church to help pay for different things. It is a very SMALL way to give back to the Lord for all the blessings we have been given.] and to take to the bank. Well, it had been a month or so since I had done this and I realized I had made a lot more money than I was planning. I felt so blessed I honestly almost started crying. The Lord really does bless you when you pray to Him and try your best to try to fix your problems while asking for His help when you know you cannot do it alone. This summer has been quite the eye-opener to how many blessings the Lord has given me. I always just thought of the usual but, this is turning into a summer of miracles. I almost feel like my life is becoming like those stories in the Bible. Yes, I know I'm not having some of the amazing miracles from it but, I have been feeling like the Lord really does love and care for me as much as he did those people then. Sometimes it is easy to forget that, like them, we are God's children too and He loves each of us equally. When I'm feeling alone or having a rough time, I can remember this summer and REMEMBER His love.

If you're struggling with feeling the Savior's love, just pray to Him. He's always willing to show His love. I'd forgotten his love. It is a great feeling when you can almost feel his arms around you and almost hear the words he would say to you, "I love you and am so proud of you. Come to me and let me help you."

No comments:

Post a Comment