Saturday, October 27, 2012

Missing Those You Love

You know when you just really start missing someone that normally you're ok living without? That has been most of my time here at college but, this past week has just been on of those times where you start missing loved ones. First, a roommate's parents came to visit which was really neat and they were super sweet but, I started missing my mom and my daddy. Yes, I know they're safe and I'll see them in a few months but, just seeing them all smiling and laughing at old jokes made me miss the time spent with my family.

Then, some of my extended family came to visit and I loved seeing them. It was so much fun and I loved being able to talk and laugh with them. However, this also reminded me of home but, moreso, my siblings. I love each of them and it has been awhile since we've spent time together since I'm far from home. It was kind of funny reflecting on past events with my siblings and all our silly jokes and stories.

Lastly, I went with some friends from last year to Denny's just for old times sake. Of course, this brought back memories of last year and all the friends that are out serving missions across the world. Of course, I'm proud of them and wouldn't want them to be doing anything else but, it's hard not to miss all our jokes and wanting to tell them all about the adventures this year and just let them know I'm thinking about them or seek some advice but, can't. Especially with so much happening, it would be so nice to just have a late night talk with all of them like we used to but, right now, the only thing I can really do is pray to my Heavenly Father that they are well and that all will work out. When I am struggling and do not know what to do, I need to go to Him in prayer and scripture study to find the answers I seek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ward picture from last year that includes several friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment