Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm a Poet and Didn't know it!

So, this semester I am taking an English class for Elementary Education Majors and it has been interesting learning about how everyone can be a writer as you open up yourself and practice. We discussed how the first several years can be full of junk but, if we keep working at it and just keep learning and studying it, we can, one day, become a great writer. I know I'll never be a Robert Frost or anything but, it was fun to create a writing journal and just write when I felt like it and know it is not perfect but, it's from me. Nothing I write is unique but, is individual. All the stories have been written but, I can make my own interpretation.

We'll see if I ever write anything I really like then. Who knows, maybe one day I will have  learned enough and given enough of myself to get published. If you really want something, you need to work for it. You cannot just sit in class and expect to be given all the answers to the world's problems. Life isn't supposed to be easy, just worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, I am in the midst of my second week being back in school and let me just say: it is TOUGH! Just when I thought it could not get any harder, it does. But, I am so EXCITED for my classes. Yes, they are A TON of work and I probably will have some nights that I just want to sit there and cry (actually already had a few....) but, I know I am going to learn a lot and improve myself as a future teacher and student. Every day I get a "Daily Message" from ldspodcasting@ldschurch.org [found on LDS.org at: http://www.lds.org/daily-messages?lang=eng ]that is uplifting. Today, it said, "The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be." —Thomas S. Monson. This really struck me. It really is during the hardest times that we learn the most, if we really try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment