Monday, January 21, 2013

Patient Mission Paper Process

Alright, so, as I have mentioned before, I have been working on my mission papers to serve for a period of 18months for my church [The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints]. I did the online information with insurance, personal info, family info, etc. Then, I did the medical and the dental and survived getting a shot, blood drawn, and TB tested (barely... haha). After that, it was a small "waiting game" until I got back to Utah to meet with my Bishop [leader of our congregation {group at church}] & the Stake President [leader over the Bishop]. Well, that first Sunday back I met with the Bishop and it was a great meeting. The spirit was strong and I was quite excited knowing that I only had one more meeting before the "waiting game" for my call. Well, I got a text from someone in the Stake that asked if I could meet early that next Sunday morning. Sadly, I could not make it so, I had to wait another week. So, yesterday, I went to have my meeting and once again, it went great! I actually met someone who knows my grandparents from Iowa and that NEVER happens...except this year... haha Anyway, as they were reviewing my paper work, they found that ONE QUESTION had not been completed. This made me nervous because, if I did not get them the information by the next morning, my paper work would be pushed back a week and I did not want to wait any longer than I had to.

Well, last night, I set my alarm for 8am so that it would be 9am Illinois time so I could call the hospital in the morning to get the information I needed. My alarm woke me up sooner than I wanted it to but, I called the hospital and got the information. Then, I texted the stake with said information and waited to hear if I had made it in time. Around 2pm this afternoon, I sent another text asking if I had made it in time and they said yes. Then, I bugged my lovely daddy to hear if it was submitted yet to the church headquarters [My dad is a bishop for my area back home and bishops are able to see, online, when the paper work is through the different parts of the process]. Then, tonight, at 8:49, I received a text from my daddy saying that my paper work is officially submitted to church headquarters. I felt such a relief to know everything was in and now, I just have to really play the "waiting game" until a white envelope with my call and information arrives.

So, here's to waiting patiently! We'll see if I make it and get any sleep.... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment