Thursday, May 10, 2012

Looking Back: Past to Present

Well, I was doing another "walk-down-memory-lane" this evening and came across pictures from when I had to dye my hair for our stake's musical: "The Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection." At the time, I was very upset because I had never dyed my hair and really loved my dirty blonde with it's blonde & red high-lights that were naturally set a midst my hair. Now, looking back, that time was won of great growth and sacrifice. I've realized dying my hair was not even the biggest sacrifice I had to make. No, my time and spiritual turn and emotional stress were the biggest things but, like any sacrifice, you give them to the Lord and He gives you something better. He makes you a little bit more holy. He loves us so much he will have us go through hard things to become more like Him. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to change and become a little better each day. Now, for some laughs (because I can finally laugh at these) I have included a picture from Mormon Prom that year when you can tell my hair is QUITE a bit darker & a picture from today that shows how blonde I'm becoming again. Enjoy and remember how much the Lord loves and blesses each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment