Friday, April 20, 2012

Last Day at BYU as a Freshman

Woke up today around 9:40am. I was shocked I actually woke up. I didn't shower right away, though, because I had to say good-bye to a few people. First, was my FHE brother that has become my "triplet" and one of my best friends this year. It was sad to say good-bye. It doesn't quite feel real and yet, it is happening and it is real. I'm going to miss everyone so much even though I know they will have great missions ahead of them and wonderful experiences. I have learned so much from everyone I have come in contact with and have grown to really love them. Yes, we have our off days and such but, everyone still means a lot to me. Then, I said good-bye to our "creeper" AKA the best server you could ask for. Then, said good-bye to another guy from the ward. Then, it was time for me to get ready for the day, do some touch-up cleaning, and then, I went to the guy's dorm to see people before they left/ I left. I spent most of the time watching a friend pack up his room before his sister came to pick him up. Then, at noon, I went to "wake-up" another friend who had had a rough nights rest camping the night before. Of course, he did not wake up so I let him go back to sleep until the other friend was leaving so they could say good-bye. We took a trip to the creamery, one last time, and then, said some more good-byes to people leaving.

HAPPY MOMENT- one of my best friends/roommates came back for a visit so I got to say one "hello" a midst the good-byes. It was really great to see her.

Then, my grandparents arrived and we, plus one of my guy friends, loaded up all my stuff into their car. I ran and checked out and then, ran around saying last minute good-byes before departing from Heritage and freshman year forever.

Both my duffle bags were too heavy so, I spent most of my time at my grandparents this evening packing/unpacking. All my stuff has been transferred to my grandma's quilting room. I feel bad I'm taking up so much space but, with the time frame I have, I do not have time to go through it and throw stuff away.

For dinner, we went to one of their friend's houses for an indoor picnic. It was a lot of fun and we learned an Italian game called Scopa. Then, I played/sang "Be Still My Soul" & "I Need Thee Every Hour" for all the couples. I have found I really enjoy spending time with older people. You learn a lot and can be yourself around them.

Well, it is late and I am exhausted. Good night. Good-bye Provo & BYU & 46th ward & Whitney&Young. It has been great. I fly home tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment