Friday, April 20, 2012

One Day More

Woke up and got ready with "TV" make-up and up-do for Women's Chorus. As I was getting ready, I saw more people leave the 46th ward. Really sad to watch. My roommate was packing all morning. It's so sad to think it's all over even if it means we are growing up and have learned what the Lord needed us to learn together. It still hurts to say good-bye. I spent my morning cleaning up in the kitchen. all my cleaning for cleaning check is done minus my room. Well, guess I'll be ready to leave tomorrow.....

Women's Chorus had practice, sound check, and then we sang at Commencement. It went really well, but we were all really tired and didn't want to stay for the whole thing. Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke but, I was so out of it I don't really know what he talked about. I remember he mentioned all the problems/mix-ups they have had at commencement in the past.

Did more packing/cleaning. Tomorrow I'll just have to get my stuff out to my grandparent's car and say good-bye to everyone. Well, a few people probably.

Then, my day took a turn. A friend of mine dropped by before he headed on a camping trip. He was not sure when he would get back so he could say good-bye before I leave so he returned soon later with a present for me. He gave me his Chewbacca (Chewie) backpack. I was in shock. He loves this backpack and I've always joked about being jealous of it and said I would take it (which I never did) but, he gave it to me since he is leaving for his mission for two years and won't have a use for it. It totally made my day!

Helped my roommate completely move out and then, we went to the creamery to spend her meal plan money. Then, we said good-bye and the rest of us drank chocolate milk and talked for a bit. I also said good-bye to my "annoying little brother" tonight. That was very hard to do. He really has become my little brother and I do not know if/when I will see him again. After all these good-byes, we decided to go stargazing out on the hill by the girl's dorm. It was so much fun and the sky was clear. It was a wonderful way to spend my last night at BYU. Yes, I am going to be extremely tired since it is past 3am but, I think it was worth every moment. Had some great conversations with some guys and have grown to love them more. Thanks guys. I'm going to miss each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment