Monday, April 30, 2012

Random Post for a Random Thought

After visiting a friend's blog I had a thought to just ramble and did not want to do it on facebook. I do not want my rambling to be THAT public. So- my thought- If I could be anywhere and doing anything right now, what would it be?
the view off the bank by the Nauvoo House

I would be in Nauvoo, IL when it is 75 degrees out and not super humid sitting outside the Nauvoo House by the bank of the Mississippi sitting on the side walk thinking. Nauvoo is honestly, one of my favorite places on the entire face of this earth. The single's ward out here is going to be taking a trip out there and I kind of wish I could go but, at the same time, a friend and I have decided to go together and I feel I will get more from that trip than with a bunch of people I do not really know. Nauvoo has always had a very special spot in my heart. I love the spirit that is there. You walk the streets and you can feel the saints walking with you. You walk into the different homes and shops and you can feel the love they had for this beautiful town.

Nauvoo means Beautiful and yes, this place is so beautiful. Yes, it can be humid which makes you feel sticky and gross but, the spirit and the beauty over power the humidity. The Nauvoo temple is my favorite temple. To go inside is almost like stepping into your favorite fairy tale. The beauty and spirit of this building, and its history, have always intrigued me. I hope to get married here someday but, we will see what happens in the future. Right now, I am focusing on school and family and getting a summer job to pay for school.


I will admit, sometimes it feels like it's a step in my life I will be taking soon but, other times, it feels so far away and that I am not ready for that. We will see what the Lord has planned for me. I'll just keep preparing for what my role in the world will be. I would love to serve a mission in a year and a half but, maybe that is not what the Lord needs me to do. Whatever His will will be, I will prepare for it. For this reason, I took mission prep this past semester and working on patience and working with others and cooking and cleaning and living with 5 girls and hanging out with the guys and sooooooooooooooo many other parts of my life. Everything we do has a purpose to help us become what we need to be and what we will need to do. Sometimes we might not see the reason for a hard trial but, at the end, we can look back and say "I learned something great that now, I can take with me as I move forward in life." And that is what is most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment